Sunday

Jerry Maguire (written by Cameron Crowe)


"Jerry: Hello. Hello. I'm looking for my wife...

Dorothy looks up, robbed of words. Stunned, she does not move and looks quite apprehensive.

Jerry: Wait. Okay, okay. Okay. If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen. I'm not letting you get rid of me. How about that? This used to be my specialty. You know, I was good in the living room. They'd send me in there, I'd do it alone. And now I just... I don't know. But tonight, our little project, our company, had a very big night. A very, very big night. But it wasn't complete, wasn't nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn't share it with you. I couldn't hear your voice, or laugh about it with you. I missed my wife. We live in a cynical world, a cynical, cynical world, and we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You complete me. And if I just had...
Dorothy: (interrupting) Shut up. Just shut up.....You had me at hello. You had me at hello. "


Couldn't help posting it...

Yes, the movie is a bit of a classic, oldish one; yes, the love story is more than undesirable for anyone who dreams about Hollywood-branded kind of a romance; indeed she is not the self-suficient, indestructible sort of a woman...But to me, tonight, when I happend to re-watch the film, the entire realism of their "thing" stroke me as ravashing.

I do understand commitment, and loyalty and some parts of love..I definetly appreciate her forgiving and kind nature, as I realize women usually lack that sooo badly!And obviously I am intrigued by he's getting a hold of himself and coming to his senses.. But how realistic is this at the end of the day? And how do you really judge a "happy ending"?

oh,dear..The things we think and do not say...

4 comments:

Prushynskyy said...

Poli,

I think you are a first blogger in Romania :)

No quality thoughts today though :D

Mr_K

Poli said...

I am uninspired lately.. But there are some more other bloggers! I can send you a list!:)

I will start posting about private equity, I'm sure you'll like that!

Keep up the good work
Poli.

Anonymous said...

jur ca am vazut si eu exact faza asta zilele trecute... si doar faza asta, ca restul filmului n-am apucat sa-l vad.

mi-as da fericit cu parerea, dar cum sunt in necunostinta de cauza, ma abtin (cu greu).

spor!

Ami said...

Buna Poliiiii :)

Si eu cu Andra am revazut fimul :)
Pentru noi a fost o poveste de dragoste draguta pentru o seara rece de Ianuarie :)

Puuup